Go-fer
by PamFord Davis

It is both a responsibility and privilege to carry a message for someone in a place of authority. As children, we felt great pride when a parent or teacher trusted us to take a note or letter; it may have been as simple as mom's grocery list or an attendance roll to a school principal but we knew we were on official business.

As job seekers many adults began at the lower rung of the ladder; a supervisor needed a "go-fer" and they willingly filled the role. It was not a CEO position and did not afford them the prestige and benefits of big brass, yet they carefully carried out each instruction down to the minutest detail.

Government leaders send trusted individuals to serve as ambassadors to foreign nations; those chosen are fully aware their attitudes and actions reflect not only their character but also ultimately the reputation of their homeland. Isaiah heard a higher call; God revealed a need and Isaiah responded in the affirmative.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me (Isaiah 6:8 KJV)." He agreed to be God's go-fer; he would carry the Lord's message as spoken; God is still looking for faithful messengers and waits for us to raise our hands and cry out, "send me, send me!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print