Why God Doesn't Just Do Miracles All The Time For Everyone?
by Greg Baker

If God would simply do miracles all the time for everyone, then there would be no question of His existence. Wouldn't everyone be a believer? However, there is a very good reason why God doesn't do miracles all the time for everyone.

In fact, God does do miracles all the time for everyone. But because they are common everyday events, predictable and therefore counted upon, we have simply reduced these common everyday miracles to a natural law of science, tagged it as a postulate, a theorem, or formula. Many of the common everyday occurrences can't really be explained as to 'why' and even often as to 'how' but because they occur at such a predictable and regular rate, we come to believe that God has nothing to do with it. It is just a natural lawwe'll figure the rest of it out someday.

For example, we know how a fetus forms, how the cells divide, how they multiply, how DNA structures the arms, hair color, and so forth. We just don't know why it works. We don't know how a person is infused with a spirit, a personality. We don't know so many things. But because birth is such a common everyday occurrence, we never see it as a miracle of God.

Let me explain it another way. Let's say that everyone who ever gets in a car accident, not only walks away from it, but also walks away without a scratchregardless of speed, impact, or other factors. It wouldn't take long for a formula to be written to describe this phenomenon. It wouldn't be long before seatbelts were unnecessary, speed limits obsolete, and safety laws irrelevant. It would be such a common every day, predictable thing that it would cease to be a miracle in our eyes. Get in a car accident, you walk awaythat's just the way it is.

Faith, however, allows us to interact with God. This interaction allows us to experience miracles outside the realm of science. Through faith we can have common everyday miracles that others never experience, but because of the interaction with God, through faith, we never lose sight of the fact that it is indeed a miracle!

There are so many things in my life that are unexplainable. I witness God's miracles on a regular basis, and because of my faith, I recognize it for what it isa miracle!

So God does perform miracles for everyone all the time. But most of these miracles are dismissed or reduced down to a formula. That formula, that description of a miracle, is a miracle in itself. Change a single variable any direction and you get a different result. The consistency of nature is a miracle that is often overlooked. Is it not a miracle that we have these laws of nature? Without them life couldn't exist. How did they come about in such perfect harmony? Change one and you invariably change them alland nothing would work. Is this not a miracle? Remove gravity and what would happen to everything else?

The key is still faith. Our faith allows us a measured interaction with God. Through our faith we experience God, we understand God, and we interact with God.


More at: http://articles.christianbaptists.com

Or http://www.fitlyspoken.org for books on communication and social skills in relationships! Specifically, our books 'Fitly Spoken' and 'Restoring a Fallen Christian'. 

For editing and ghostwriting services: http://www.affordablechristianediting.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print