Faith vs. Fear
by Steve Countryman

Fear is the opposite of faith.
Faith enables, fear disables!
Faith gives hope, fear gives hopelessness.
Faith sees possibilities, fear says don't look.
Faith brings assurance, fear brings doubt and hesitation.
Faith allows trust, fear promotes distrust.
Faith is outgoing, fear is withdrawn,
Faith says be filled with courage, fear says be filled with panic & terror.
Faith allows dreams to become reality, fear allows nightmares to become reality.
Faith can move mountains, fear buries you in a pit.
Faith develops strength, fear creates dependencies.
Faith supports wisdom, fear promotes foolishness.
Faith says hold on, fear says why bother.
Faith says I can, fear says I can't.
Faith brings ambition, fear brings apathy.
Faith responds, fear reacts.
Faith is uplifting, fear is depressing.
Faith is worry-free, fear worries.
Faith is giving, fear is selfish.
Faith encourages, fear discourages.
Faith brings liberty, fear brings captivity.
Faith is believing, fear is disbelieve.
Faith says be brave, fear says be afraid.
Faith says stand firm, fear says give up.
Faith says step up, fear says stand down.
Faith says remember the blessings, fears says remember the hardships.
Faith brings success, fear brings failure.
Faith brings joy, fear brings despair.
Faith says join in, fear says stay isolated and trust no one.
Faith supports, fear tares down.
Faith reveals truth, fear feeds on deception.
Faith speaks of blessings, fears speaks of curses.
Faith takes responsibility, fears makes excuses & justifies sin.
Faith encourages accountability, fear blames others.
Faith allows acceptance, fear allows denial.
Faith brings salvation, fear brings damnation.
Faith builds strength, fear builds weakness.
Faith wants obedience, fear wants rebellion.
Faith says God's will, fear says my will.
Faith supports submission, fear supports arrogance.
Faith leads to prosperity, fear leads to ruin.
Faith says come to God, fear says you are not worthy.
Faith is what you walk in, fear is when you walk by sight.
Faith brings forgiveness, fear holds on to grudges.
Faith trusts in love, fear leads to hate.
Faith brings light, fear brings darkness.
Faith says life is worth living, fear says suicide is better.
Faith brings wisdom, fear guides the fool.
Faith says keep your eyes on Jesus, fear says look at your all your problems.

There is only one type of fear that Satan does not want anyone to have and that is fear of the Lord!
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Fear has the same definitionNow fear is the substance of things feared of, the evidence of things not seen. Job 3:25 For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, And what I dreaded has happened to me.

Believe:
Conviction based on testimony that something is true or that someone is reliable. As used in the Bible, to believe in God involves the element of trust, not mere acknowledgment of his existence.

Definition of Trust:

1. the trait of trusting; of believing in the honesty and reliability of others;
2. certainty based on past experience;
3. complete confidence in a person or plan etc;
4. a trustful relationship;
5. have confidence or faith in;
6. be confident about something;
7. expect with desire;
8. To confer a trust upon;
9. allow without fear

Faith in God is limitless, without bounds and full of confidence, courage, hope and future, boldness, expectations and enabling power! Fear used by Satan binds, chains, stifles, restricts, isolates, doubts, hesitates, procrastinates, cripples, disables, mutes, deafens, darkens, depresses, destroys, steals, sickens and kills!

In troubling times it is important that you hold on to your faith in God. Do not give into fear. Like the news, only bad stories make the biggest headlines. TV news always "hypes" or builds up the bad stories to make something more fearful to get you to watch. Advertisers do the same thing. If they can get you to become fearful enough that you may suffer harm without their product then they have convinced you to buy their product. Fear will grip you if it can make itself more believable than faith.

As children of the most high God we are to trust in Him. Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, A God who knows all about you down to counting the hairs on your head is a God you can trust to take care of you. Common sense, faith, trust and believing God's Word and promises will help you along when all other people are stuck living and dying in their fear.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print