Yet I Will Rejoice
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Habakkuk 3:17-18 "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."

Observation

In this passage, the prophet Habakkuk declares his heart-filled faith in God regardless of the circumstances surrounding him. Even when the situation seems bleak and desperate: no blossoms on the fig tree or fruit on the vines; no food from the fields and no herd in the stalls, Habakkuk states that he will rejoice in the Lord and take joy in the God of his salvation.

Application

It does not matter if the circumstances surrounding me are really good or really bad, the Lord of my salvation is always good! No matter what, God is the all powerful, all sufficient, great El Shaddai and He is my loving heavenly Father. Through successes, trials, and tribulations, I know my heavenly Father is Lord of the mountaintop and Lord of the valley. Proverbs 18:10 says that, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe"; therefore, whenever I am in the valley of life and the situation looks bleak, I run to the Lord and find safety in His unconditional love, grace, and mercy. Because the Lord promises in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that His grace is sufficient for me and His strength is made perfect in weakness, I will rejoice in the Lord and take joy in the God of my salvation - even in the midst of personal sorrows and sufferings.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Jehovah Shammah, The Lord Is There! I thank You Lord for always being there with me and promising to never leave me nor forsake me. You are my strength when I am weak and my fortress when I am afraid. I love You Jesus! Amen!

Yet I Will Rejoice Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Yet I Will Rejoice, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print