the inner man
by kenneth hurst

The Inner Man

In Ephesians 3:16, Paul prayed that the saints would be strengthened by the Spirit of the Lord in the inner man. As believers our inner, born again man is righteous and holy (Ephesians 4:24).

Our inner man has eyes.
John 3:3- Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Matthew 5:8- Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God.
II Corinthians 5:7- For we walk by faith, not by sight. (We see by faith).

Our inner man has ears.
Romans 10:17- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Revelation 3:22- He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Isaiah 50:5- The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither away back.

Our inner man has a mouth and a nose and can eat, drink, taste, and smell.
I Peter 2:2,3- As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
Hebrews 5:12- For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not strong meat.
Psalm 119:103- How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth.
II Corinthians 2:14- Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Our inner man has a mind.
I Corinthians 2:11- For what knoweth the things of a man, save the (born again) spirit of a man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
I Corinthians 2:16- For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Isaiah 26:3- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.

Our inner man has hands.
Matthew 16:19- And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Proverbs 4:13- Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
Colossians 3:10- And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Our inner man has feet.
Galatians 5:25- If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Ephesians 6:15- And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Psalm 18:29- For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.

Our inner man has muscle.
Ephesians 6:10- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
I John 4:4- Ye are of God little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Revelation 5:4,5- And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Our inner man has a body.
Ephesians 6:14- Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness.
II Corinthians 5:4- For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened; not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
I Corinthians 15:44- It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Most important of all, our inner man has a voice and can speak.
Our inner man is set in motion by what we believe and say.
Psalm 107:2- Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
Romans 10:10- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Proverbs 25:11- A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Ephesians 2:13- But now in Christ Jesus ye who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Praise Jesus.  Just want to share the Joy!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print