Level Them
by PamFord Davis

I must admit it; sometimes I have a split personality. No, I am not a Jekyll and Hyde, no knowledge of them in my family tree. I'm a believer with unbelief surfacing in the most unexpected places; it can be very disturbing and causes a great deal of shame and regret. I believe all things are possible. "Ah Lord God! It is you who made the heavens and earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you (Jeremiah 32:17 NRS)." Jesus reaffirmed the truth that all things are possible if we believe. "For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you (Matthew 17:20b NRS)."

Jesus was not giving me a lesson in mind over matter or endorsing a beginner's class on magic. I don't need to levitate mountains; through belief in him, I can level them! First, I must confess my unbelief. Jesus spoke to a concerned father of a boy tormented by an evil spirit. "All things can be done for the one who believes.' Immediately the father of the child cried out, 'I believe; help my unbelief (Mark 9:23b-24 NRS)." Yes, the daddy had a split personality; he did not try to overcome the disorder through willpower; he sought Jesus' power! Help! "Lord, you know me better than I know myself, level mountains of unbelief and establish me upon a foundation of faith, trusting that through you all things are possible."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print