Making Wise Choices
by Bob Valleau

Kimberly faces two paths that will affect her for a lifetime. Which one will she choose? Her inability to make a wise choice always causes her to worry. Her choices are not easy -- and she has suffered, in the past, from making the wrong one.

Like Kimberly, how often do you worry about making a wise choice? Certainly, many of us have made bad choices. Thus the adage, "Live and learn." But there is a way to lessen their impact, or, possibly, make the right choice in the beginning.

Remember these ABC's of choosing wisely:

1. Ask God. Any worthy endeavor, that requires an important decision, must begin with God. Involve Him in the process from the start. If not, then the choice you make could have detrimental consequences.

2. Believe God. Prayerfully consider the pros and cons of the opportunity or challenge before you. Spend time in God's Word for insight into your dilemma. After prayer and consulting God, believe the choice you make is the right one.

3. Choose. Do you feel at peace with the choice you are about to make? If yes, then choose. If no, wait awhile longer for God to confirm which choice is right.

Sometimes, though, we still make wrong choices. But don't be discouraged. In the midst of any turmoil that may result from our mistake in making the right choice, God is faithful to work on our behalf. He can turn our something bad into His something good.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28, NIV)

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print