Prayer and sanctification
by Michael Hume

"And for their sake I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth." John 17.19 To sanctify means to make holy through the truth. Jesus knew that there was a link between sanctification and being effective in faith. That includes a praying.


If Jesus, the most God-like person ever to walk this earth needed to sanctify himself, it follows that we must also. The more holy you are the more holy you make others. That is what Jesus was saying. No matter how you serve God. Whether it is intercession, listening to others, helping, etc. you become more effective as you become more holy. The easiest and most effective way to sanctify yourself is to read the Bible.


The Bible is full of truths, wisdom, knowledge and we have the best Teacher possible. God himself, who teaches us as we read the book and walk with Him. In John 17 Jesus prayed that his disciples be sanctified in the truth. Even then he knew the importance of truth in a disciple's life. If intercession is one of your main callings then sanctification definitely helps. It teaches you many things about faith, makes you more like Jesus and enables you to withstand the ups and downs of a faith life in a more level way. You survive on the word. It is your life, your protection and enlivens you to keep going in prayer.



Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print