Praying through hard times
by Michael Hume

I've had many years of dry times most of which seem to occur when I'm in secular work. Two Bible verses have helped me pray through those times. "For in him we live and move and have our being." Acts 17.28 "And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5.15 The first verse tells me that God is everywhere. So wherever I am God is there. The second says that if I know that God hears me when I pray, then I can expect my prayer to succeed.


God will answer affirmatively, providing of course that I've built up my faith before the prayer. These two verses have helped me launch off into prayer many times when there has been opposition. The skies often felt made of lead but when I began praying, the imaginary layer peels away and God is there instead. The key is to start praying and not let fears, doubts, worries, the world, suggestions, enemies, etc. stop you praying. After reading 10 to 20 pages of the Bible I am ready for prayer. So even if there are imaginary hindrances I confidently start praying and those blocks are seen as they are. Only temporary, imaginary and they cannot stop me praying to God.


Why should I pray? Because if I don't who will? Can I be sure that someone else will? If no one prays can I be sure that God will turn a situation into one to His liking? God may well be relying on you only to pray from your unique situation so that He can answer. To be honest sometimes even when I begin prayer it still might be hard to perceive God there. But I believe the Bible verses so I pray expecting God to answer me because of them. Also it's been tried and tested many times by me. It works. It may not be as good as praying when faith is high. It isn't but God never said the faith life was going to be good all along the way. 



Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print