Spring Cleaning Our Minds
by Jenny Smith

Spring is officially here, and soon, no doubt, we will be hearing that severe weather is coming.

Life is like spring; there are beautiful days with wonderful temperatures, and then a storm will suddenly blow in. When that happens, we hunker down, close the windows and wait it out. Then, once the storm has passed, we get on with spring-cleaning.

I think everyone reading this can relate to how we all feel during the spring. So while we are spring cleaning our houses and yards, let's not forget our spiritual side.

Over the next four weeks we are going to spring-clean four areas of our lives; our minds, hearts, lives and mouths. I think it is important they go in that order because we start by reading or hearing the Word of God with our minds, and then we decide whether we let it sink down into our hearts. If we allow it into our hearts, then our lives will be affected, including our mouths; although, for some reason it takes a lot to clean up our mouths!

Cleaning these four areas is all part of the process of maturing as Christians.

In Romans 12:2, it tells us: be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Then in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, we are told what to use to renew our minds: all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the people of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

In order for us to begin the process of spring-cleaning our lives, the first thing we must do is start getting into Gods Word EVERY day! The only way we can move forward is by allowing God to speak to each of us from the Bible. The areas I need to spring-clean may not be the same as the areas you need to take care of.

I dont know any way to say this other than flat out; if you are not in the Bible on a daily basis then you are ignoring God! He has something to say to you today. So take this week and use it to make a sincere effort to get into the Bible daily; then see what happens.

When I spend time in the Bible, one thing that happens is that it fills some of my empty places. (I am not saying my brain is empty; just full of useless stuff!) The things I learn each day will always be the things that are most readily available to me. I want those things to be about God, so I can base my decisions on His Word, and not on junk!

Next week we will look at how we make the jump from head knowledge to heart living. For this week, though, take time to spring-clean some of the junk from your mind, and fill it with beautiful words from Jesus!

Jenny Smith
www.gowatersedge.com
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print