Spring Cleaning Our Hearts
by Jenny Smith

Last week, we looked at how we need to begin Spring cleaning, by looking into God Word.

Once we have started to put the Word of God in our minds, the next step is to start living from our hearts. So how do we make this transition? How do we move God Word from our minds and let it sink into our hearts? At some point, we have to make a choice to believe what God is saying, and then begin to act on it.

What do you truly believe? Whatever your answer to that question, that is how you will live. Do you believe that God cares for every hair on your head? If you do, youl talk to him because you know He cares for you. Do you believe that He has a plan and a purpose for your life? If you do, youl seek out ways to do it.

I made a decision to really believe Hebrews 11:6: For without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone that comes to him must believe that he is and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

When I read the Bible, I try to read it with the faith that it was written for me and, therefore, I should be applying it to ME! To do that, I need a little motivation, and this verse has it. If I will earnestly seek him, (and do what He says), then there is a reward for me.

What am I looking for, as far as a reward? Peace, purpose, to be taken care of ... there are all kinds of different needs depending on my day. If I believe the words God has written for me (and you), and let them sink into my heart, then because of the choice I have made, I will try to live them out.

Do I fail? Oh, yes. Do I succeed? Again, yes, and when I do succeed, I see this verse in action in my life. As I see it at work, it makes me more diligent to learn God Word, apply it personally, and then live it, knowing that God has promised me a reward for trying. Not to mention that since Christ lives in me, He has also assured me that I can do all things through him! Sometimes, the way that verse works is that, in Christ strength, I can pick myself up and try again, and again, and again, until finally, through Christ, I am able to master that area of my life.

Will you begin the process of letting God Word change you? Start reading the Bible. Make up your mind that it was written for you, and let your heart start to direct you with the Bible as your guide. Then see how your life will be a work of beauty. Spring-clean your mind, then your heart, and then watch God spring-clean your life!

Next week, we will look at some of the ways God will clean our lives.


Jenny Smith
www.gowatersedge.com
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print