Contentment, Satisfaction and Peace
by PamFord Davis

What flashes across your mind when you hear the word contentment? I visualize a newborn baby nursing following a relentless cry, a family pulling away from the table as they finish a scrumptious Thanksgiving meal or a cat snuggled up in front of a fireplace on a cold winter night. I perceive contentment, satisfaction and peace as intertwined in the recesses of my mind.

Scriptures carry the explanation far beyond my limited summary. "Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10 NRS)."

You may be familiar with the advice that each time we read the word "therefore" in scripture we need to go back and read previous portions to discover what it is there for! In verse 9, we find the comfort Paul received when denied his prayers for removal of an affliction. God's grace is sufficient. Therefore, he could be content in dismal circumstances.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print