Temptation to Triumph
by PamFord Davis

Temptations can be subtle or scream for my attention. I am my mother's daughter; Eve the mother of all living found temptation pleasing to the eye and believed it would enlighten her. She took the bait, deception concealed Satan's trap and her future fall. She took a disastrous trip from temptation to transgression. (Genesis 3:1-7)

Jesus was tempted in all ways, yet he never sinned. (Hebrews 4:15) There is an interesting contrast and change of scenery. Eve's temptation took place in the beautiful Garden of Eden; Jesus faced the devil in a desert wilderness. (Luke 4:1-13)

The garden incident did not seem to involve a great deal of conversation. Jesus and Satan volleyed back and forth, both using scripture. The Lord used it accurately and as a tool of defense against temptation; the devil used it with deception to pervert the truth and trap Jesus.

The King of Kings did not follow in Eve's steps of transgression; he took the higher road. "Jesus answered, 'The Scriptures also say, 'Don't try to test the Lord your God (Luke 4:12 CEV)!" He and his tempter parted ways. "Jesus returned to Galilee with the power of the Spirit (Luke 4:14a CEV)." Jesus had traveled from temptation to triumph!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print