The Gift
by Steve Countryman

If you were given the responsibility of handing out as gifts $100,000 in cash to others with no instructions, how would you do it? Would you give it only to your friends and family? Would you try to find the most deserving people? What would be your criteria? To what lengths would you go to do the job right? Where would you start? Would you limit yourself to a certain city, state or country? How long would you give yourself to accomplish this task? Would the people you give the money to have to earn it?

The gift that God has for you is worth more than any amount money. It is worth more than the finest gold. It cannot be bought, earned or deserved. It is worth more than anyone could ever afford. It was paid with a heavy price. God has only one criteria for His perfect gift, it is totally free to anyone who will accept it. God's wonderful gift is the gift of His Son Jesus Christ, the gift of eternal life in heaven with Him! The gift of salvation where God the Father sent His Son Jesus to earth to pay the price that we could not pay for sins He did not commit. To right the wrong that man started in the Garden of Eden and to restore the fellowship between God and man. It is a gift that none of us deserve nor can we ever earn, but God has made His gift available to us. For the spilt blood of the perfect Lamb of God, Jesus, was offered as our sin sacrifice.

God isn't surprised or shocked at what you have done. God isn't mad or upset with you. God accepts you just as you are for His love for you is great! God's love sees past all of your faults, flaws and failures. All that God sees is the true heart of the person that is you who desperately needs Him. That person who is willing to give up their old sinful life and allow God to be God in their life now. That person who needs God's peace, joy and love. Who needs His help, guidance, compassion, deliverance and cleansing. That person who needs His healing and restoring touch. God isn't looking for perfect people but for people who will allow His Holy Spirit to perfect in them His Son Jesus.

Jesus came to earth fully knowing what He was here to do and to complete. 1 John 3 The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. God's gift to you is His Son Jesus. His life as God on earth as man, His commands, ways and promises, His death on the cross for your sins and His resurrection from the grave and victory over Satan and death. God's gift of salvation is a free gift to you, how do you accept such a gift from God? It is easy to do. You must believe that Jesus is the one and only Son of God. Just ask Him to forgive ALL of your sins and come live in your heart. That is it! God through the Holy Spirit will do the rest.

The best part of God's gift to you is that it is truly a gift that keeps on giving. You now are adopted into the God's family and you are now one of His children. You have in you Jesus through the Holy Spirit. The absolute greatest potential ever made available to God's children in you through God's gift. You are now a new creation in Christ. You are no longer part of the kingdom of darkness but part of God's Kingdom. You are a citizen of Heaven, a visitor passing through this world. For you have been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb, your feet have been set on the Solid Rock that is Jesus and you are now clothed in His righteousness. Where you were not worthy or deserving before you are now made worthy, deserving and made holy by Jesus Christ who now lives and dwells within you. You are now much more than you thought that you could ever be and much less than the world thinks that you should be! For the world doesn't know or understand the heart of God.

If you have already excepted His gift of salvation, what have you done with His gift? All of us will have to give an account of what we did with His gift to us, His Son Jesus Christ. John 14:12-14 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. You now have God's gift and the promise of Jesus, now use it in Jesus name wisely! Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print