Cup Bearer, Sin Bearer
by PamFord Davis

A cup-bearer held a place of grave responsibility in service to kings, pharaohs and emperors. They poured wine into a cup and tasted it before offering it to their master; each taste prevented possible assassination by poisoning. Potiphar of Egypt unjustly sent his Hebrew slave Joseph to jail; the prisoner passed time with others who shared their tales of woe. One was a cup-bearer seeking an interpretation of a mysterious dream; God allowed Joseph to interpret and unravel the prophetic veiled meaning. (Genesis 39:20-40:15)

Jesus is my staunch protector; He demonstrated His great love and concern for humanity. (Hebrews 2:6-10) As my substitute, He willingly tasted death for me. "But we do see Him who has been made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor that by the grace of God He might taste death for every one (Hebrews 2:9 NAS)." How can I ever repay such a sacrifice?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print