More New Things Your Investments
by Marijo Phelps

Today the stock market is doing a nose dive. The US credit rating is downgraded for the first time in 70 years. I am praying about what to do, if anything, with our IRAs. Mick got an unexpected bonus at work. My stock broker is totally blinded by her politics and she used to be of the same ilk as we are. Right now I think that both "sides" are off base and out of touch, frankly, but I want my blood pressure to stay down so we aren't going to get into that.

A good friend, also a Christian writer, reminded me the other day that Jesus/God is our source and all else is simply resource.

I have read the final chapter in The Book and realize certain things much happen before Jesus' return. Someone the world has to be in a big enough mess for the antichrist to be able to come in, fool many and take over with a one world government. There seems to be a world financial collapse to set that stage. As Christians, we are supposed to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. That wisdom might just include looking around and seeing the signs of the times.

Other "good news" today included the fact that Italy and Spain are going under and the European Union is stepping in with what many feel is "too little, too late". Sort of like the abomination of a solution our government leaders came up with for the "debt ceiling". Am I surprised, not really even thought I had higher hopes for a better solution in many of the scenarios lately.

BUT GOD. None of this is a surprise to Him. He is still in control. Sometimes He uses unpleasing times and events to teach us to grow up. Our prayer as Christians is to become more like Jesus, so, in a way we signed up for this course and should focus on making the best of it.

And then as I quiet my heart with reminders of God's faithfulness throughout my life with Jesus I hear that "still small voice" once again saying:

Child, I AM doing many new things with, in and through you. Be not alarmed, confused or bewildered. I'm still going before you and preparing your ways. Fear not, but let ME be your focus. I AM shall and has overcome all the obstacles. Reach out as I lead. Draw close to Me so that the overflow shall splash and refresh (others). I love you and am "growing you up" in Me. Know that I AM God and I Am setting you free. It takes time, one step at a time. I cherish you and delight to be your husband. Selah.

Isaiah 42:9
Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them." (NKJV)

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. (NKJV)

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (NKJV)

Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord..(NIV)

Ephesians 4:15
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. (NIV)

Isaiah 54:5
For your Maker is your husband the LORD Almighty is his name the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. (NIV)

Revelation 21:2
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. (NIV)

Prayer: Dear Jesus, we sense that You are coming again SOON. Please help Your Bride, this Bride to grow up and become more like You. Thank you for straightening our the "wiggles", wrinkles and spots we have a long way to go. You and I have made progress over the years. Thank You for Your patience and perseverance. Sometimes I wonder how you take time with me, but You always do. You, oh Lord, are beyond comprehension to my finite mind. Thanks for continued revelation and sharing of who You are. Words cannot express my overflowing heart to You! AMEN

I guess the question would be, what are we invested in? We should take to heart the Biblical encouragement to not store up treasure on earth where moths and rust can destroy but to store up treasure in heaven...." My paraphrase gives hope and many times the reverse can suck you dry in the hope department. My hope is in Jesus. HE is able even when I don't have a clue!

Come by my blog spot for more photos and interesting reading:

http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print