Isaiah 40:17 thoughts
by Marijo Phelps

Our scripture for today seems to hit that nail on the head with appropriateness for the season:

"All nations before him are as nothing;
and they are counted to him less than nothing,
and vanity." (Isaiah 40:17)

Our eyes should be looking up because it seems that His coming back is oh, so very much closer! Only when our Lord is here to rule and reign will we have "perfect" government.
I am not sure if the world leaders right now are incapable of good government or just choosing ways which do not have the highest good of any population at heart. It seems that things are getting worse and worse with each passing minute.

However, if you balance all that out with careful reading of the scripture, especially end times scripture you know that many things which might not "feel good or right" need to happen and then our Lord will come back. Most of the major prophesies have been fulfilled.

There is an anti-Christ. There has to be such a world-wide mess that he can come in with a one world system and take over. One world finances, money and government will be. It is in the Bible and it is a question of "when".

Good news, we don't have to have that all figured out but we need to be ready. Praying, staying in the Word and close to our Jesus. Learning how to listen and get direction from His Holy Spirit. We need to be growing into that beautiful Bride who will be without spot or wrinkle and telling many in our daily lives about our incredible, beautiful, freeing, powerful Lord Jesus.

We are to be light in this current darkness which grows dimmer. We need to share our hope with those who ask a reason that we have that hope within us. The Bride can choose to look to His Word and see that though this whole planet might seem to be spinning out of control, God is right on time with His eternal plans. We are part of that plan and need to take hope in Him.

We need to make sure we have oil in our lamps and be very ready for our Bridegroom.

Matthew 25 (New King James Version)
The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming;[a] go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13 "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour[b] in which the Son of Man is coming.

We can do this and all the while be praying ending those prayers with Maranatha come Lord Jesus!

Come visit my blog! http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.



About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print