Shame on You!
by PamFord Davis

You should be ashamed of yourself; go to your room!" The youngster misbehaves and a firm parent sends them to their room to face the consequences of rebellion, experience remorse and repent of unwise actions. Children can learn valuable lessons from shame and discipline; I wonder how we lose sensitivity as we move into adulthood.

"Shame on you!" Do I hang my head or shed any tears? "For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion; therefore in their land they shall possess the double; everlasting joy shall be unto them (Isaiah 61:7 KJV)." The Doublemint Twins claimed to receive double their pleasure and fun from chewing gum; God doubles our joy!

Do we forever have to carry our shame? No, Jesus bore the shame and humiliation of death on the cross that we might be forgiven. "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)." Man often barters a service or product in exchange for another of equal worth. God blesses us beyond measure as we exchange sin and shame for righteousness and restoration!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print