Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #5
by chris benjamin

"Then the LORD said to Moses, 'I will rain down bread from heaven for you'" (Exodus 16:4). Pray for our daily basic needs because God will provide in abundance for us. Pray that our daily needs of food, drink, and shelter are provided to us. We forget how important these essential elements of our daily lives are sometimes. Also, be content with what we have been blessed with. For those of us who are fortunate enough to have enough food on our tables, water in our cups, and a home to sleep in, it is easy to overlook these necessities in life. Many of our brothers and sisters in the world pray sincerely for their daily bread every day. The reality is that our daily bread verse is very important to many around the world. Do not take God's gifts for granted. Acknowledge God's blessings of the basic needs we have received by his grace and mercy. Be humble and thankful for his generosity to us because we are not lacking his provision. Pray that his children around the world will have their daily needs met as well. Prayer is a powerful tool when used by faithful believers. Express genuine gratitude, thankfulness, and joy for the many wonderful provisions the Lord has blessed us with today and every day.

MISSION: Give thanks for our daily bread


Start today and give thanks to God at every meal for his generosity. Humbly thank God for the wonderful provisions we have been blessed with. Make it a time for our families to get back together at the table to share in prayer and praise. Turn off the television and put away all distractions. Reflect on God's gift of our daily bread with our loved ones every day.

Here is a opportunity to bless the less fortuanate of the world with a small donation to Compassion International. I am not affiliated with this organization but I donated a filter to help those in need.

http://www.compassion.com/contribution/giving/wateroflifefilter/Default.htm?referer=120770



"Every day over 4,000 children are dying of water-related diseases such as cholera and typhoid that are easily preventable. Many more are suffering sickness, diarrhea and acute stomach pains illnesses that stop children going to school and growing up into healthy adults.

Compassion's Water of Life, a safe water system goes to the heart of one of the greatest and most urgent needs in developing countries today providing safe drinking water to children and their families.

When you give to Compassion's Water of Life program, you are not only giving safe drinking water, you are protecting a child from life-threatening diseases and allowing that child to go to school, to dream and reach their full potential.


Your donation of $55 provides:

Compassion's Water of Life system safe water for life (over 1 million gallons) for a child and their family in developing countries.

Education on improving hygiene and sanitation

Support for improving community water sources where needed.
Each tax-deductible gift of $55 will provide a complete Water of Life system to a child and his or her family. Consider a gift of $55... $110... or even $165!"

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print