An Anxiousness of Expectancy
by Steve Countryman

Where do I begin? I feel like I have missed many of God's blessings because of sinful distractions, arrogance and pride. I have let my daily cares interfere with my relationship with my God. Thinking too much of my own abilities and relying on my own understanding too often. It has caused me to hinder and hamper the Holy Spirit's ability to pour out those blessings in my life. My walk is not where I think it should be but more importantly it is not where the Holy Spirit wants it to be but He is working on me. I have held myself back due to lack of faith and trust in my God. I know God is a very generous, giving and loving God. He has set aside blessings just for me. God has shared with me and showed me things over the last several years that I am still digesting. He has increased my knowledge and my understanding. I know in my "knower" that God has something special in mind for me. I have known this since I was a young boy. There are times when I think that I will explode if He doesn't do something through me soon. Anxiously waiting in expectancy the awesome wonder working power of the Holy Spirit through me daily. An anxiousness of expectancy that God has been preparing me for and I know that there are other Christians out there who feel the same way!

I know that it isn't a matter of "am I good enough" or "am I qualified for it". "God doesn't call the qualified but qualifies the called." It is by God's grace through the Holy Spirit that He moves through us. I am just amazed that God wants to do anything through me. That God knows everything about me and still loves me. God wants to be involved in every part of our lives and He wants to be on our minds every day. Our God is a God of relationship and that is where our journey must start and continue. For we cannot fulfill the destiny that God has for us without first knowing Him, spending time with Him and loving Him every day. Wisdom, knowledge, understanding, love, encouragement, boldness, courage, forgiveness, obedience, faith, trust, hope, being equipped and empowered plus so much more is all found in His Word, your prayer time and in your daily walk with Father God.

Vision of faith is a necessary part of your walk. It is speaking of and seeing those things that are not as if they were. Speaking and declaring by faith and the will of God to your mountain and visualize your mountain being moved. Align your declaration and faith vision in agreement with the Word and will of God as you tell your mountain to move. Matthew 17:20 "Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." This will not happen if you apply only your natural vision to your problems. The mountain will seem too big and impossible to be moved. In fact your mountain or problem will only grow because of the amount of time you spend staring at it instead of staring at Jesus your answer. Expect your prayers to be answered as you "see" the end result in your faith vision. And keep praising and thanking God for answering your prayers even before you see them manifested with your natural eyes.

Your walk with Father God requires your complete surrender to God of your daily life. For your life is not your own but was bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus at the cross. You can't pick and choose which days you will serve God and which days that you are not available. You can't pick and choose which of His commandments pertain to you and which ones don't. You can't pick and choose which parts of the Bible to believe or which parts are only for today. When you surrender your life to God you surrender your worldly thinking, your old sinful past, your old religious self, your self pride and selfishness and all that is you. It is the only gift that God will accept from you. You now represent God's kingdom here on earth and you are to...Ephesians 4:1..,"to live a life worthy of the calling you have received".

You are God's conduit that allows His power and blessings to flow through you and impact your surroundings. Because of your obedience, willingness and love of Father God you are welcoming, encouraging and invoking God's Holy Spirit to do mighty powerful things through you. It is you faith and trust in action as you allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you every day. Submit and commit all things to God. Give God thanks for all things and don't let yourself be deceived or offended. Pray for the giftings of the Holy Spirit to be activated in and through you. Wait on the Lord and receive His wisdom, courage, boldness, strength, power and authority as He guides you and don't run ahead of His counsel. Have faith and trust in God to make a way for you to do His will even when you don't know how, where or when He will do it. And watch as you witness the display of God's awesome power and love alive and at work in you, with you, to you, for you and through you. An anxiousness of expectancy is what you now have as God performs His perfect will manifested through you daily. You are God's witness and He is your testimony!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print