Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #6
by chris benjamin

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). We all are sinners in this world. There is not one of us that has lived a life without sin. Because we are sinful in nature, we all must seek God's forgiveness when we sin. The true majesty of God's forgiveness to the world was manifested in the self-sacrificing life of his son Jesus Christ here on earth. He sent Jesus to the world as the ultimate redeemer for our sins. God's unconditional love for his children was shown to us by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for our salvation. Because of his sacrifice, we are all redeemed and saved through Jesus Christ. Our part in forgiveness is in the repentance of our sins. Honest, wholehearted, and timely repentance for our sins. God knows what we have done. We cannot hide it from him no matter how we try to bury it deep within us. The longer we hold onto our sins, the longer they will control us and direct our actions. We do not have to let sin control our lives anymore. Jesus took that power away with his sacrifice on the cross. We have been blessed with the power of repentance to save ourselves. Use it! Open our hearts to the Lord and let our sinful past go to him. Truly if we sincerely ask for his forgiveness, it will be shown. The Lord's mercy to us is everlasting and will be shown to those who repent honestly.

MISSION: Repent, repent, repent

Get down on both knees and let our sins be known fully to God. Hold nothing back from him. God knows what we have done already. It is the honesty that he seeks from us in repentance. Be truthful and pure in our confessions, and when it is complete, our souls will be recharged by God's gracefulness. So take time today to seek God's forgiveness for our sinful pasts.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print