Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #7
by chris benjamin

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins" (Mark 11:25). Pray for the forgiveness of those that have sinned against us. This may be difficult for many of us because of the hurt the sin of others has inflicted on us. Because God's mercy has been extended to us for the forgiveness of our sins, we must also extend our forgiveness to those who have sinned against us. We are not the judges of sinners. Jesus Christ judges all of his children for their good and their bad. That is his job and his alone. By not forgiving our brothers and sisters, we harbor sin in our hearts. Anger, revenge, and hatred are all by-products of an unforgiving nature. When we forgive someone of their sins, it is not forgetting their sin against us. Their sin against us may have been painful and scarring, but it is not eternal to us. When we forgive, we offer it up to the Lord. We release the hold it has on our hearts, minds, and souls. Joyfully the Lord has the power to relieve us from it. The sweet release of others' sins to the Lord will allow us to live in peaceful contentment with whatever circumstances we face. Unshakable and steadfast are we in the power of his forgiveness.

MISSION: The sweet release of sin

Identify the people in our lives that have hurt us by their sins against us. Go to God in prayer and ask for his grace to be shown to us so that we may forgive them wholeheartedly. Ask God to please take away the pain that was left behind in our hearts from their sin. Let the hurt go into God's capable hands. Once our hearts have healed, reach out to those who sinned against us, and tell them they have been forgiven. We all need to be forgiven at some point in our lives.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print