Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #11
by chris benjamin

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" (Matthew 6:6). Jesus teaches us to go in the quiet of our rooms where no one can see us except for our Father who is in heaven. It is easier to hear God speak to us in the quiet, away from the distractions of the world. Our faithful act of prayer is meant to be honest and humble. It is not meant to bring glory to anyone except our Father in heaven. That is one reason that Jesus taught to go to the quiet of our rooms to pray. If the prayers we make are made in public for the satisfaction of our egos, then it is not honest and humble in nature. We must keep our prayers pure in the sight of God our Father wherever we make them. The truth is we can pray anywhere we want or need to, as long as our prayers are pure, he will be faithful to hear us. We can be down on our knees at home or driving on the way to work, and he will be just to listen. Just pray wherever the Holy Spirit gives cause to do so. The infinite power of our God reaches throughout the universe. Time and distance will never keep him from receiving our honest prayers.

MISSION: Keep our egos in check

Are we praying to be seen and heard or to honestly connect with God? Before each prayer, keep one word in mind, humble. Humbly present our prayers to God. If we remain humble, our egos will never be an issue. Humble ourselves before the Lord when we pray. Get down on both knees to show God he is the Most High. Acknowledging that God is the Most High by bowing down to him physically will allow us to spiritually bow to him in prayer as well.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print