Three assuring truths for these distressing times
by John Owens

We are living in the midst of turbulent times. Nations are being shaken. Greed, drug abuse and rebellion have affected every home. Though forms have changed, idols still occupy the place of the true and living God.

Here are but three incredibly powerful promises from God to the believer who has vested his or her trust in Jesus Christ, for strength and hope in times like these. Supporting Biblical verses are listed (KJV) and recommended for memorization. "All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

1. God causes you to triumph over every adversity and attack, through Jesus Christ.

"Now thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place." (2 Corinthians 2:14)

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 54:17)

The overcoming Christian draws his strength through the word of God - It is spirit and life, eye-opening and guiding - which assures us of victory, sometimes visible but often invisible. As we draw near to God, He draws near to us. The fellowship of His presence, the peace that exceeds understanding, and the power of His protection become more and more obvious as we continue in the faith.


2. God's immediate and eternal plan for good in and through your life is being accomplished day-by-day as you continue to abide in Jesus Christ and as He abides in you.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil... "(Jeremiah 29:11)

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

"I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15:5)

One of the ancient and continuing tactics of the devil is to fill man's mind with doubts as to the goodness of God. But through the cross, that lie is forever demolished. God is love. The Way of restoration to the relationship always intended has been returned to man through Jesus Christ. The believer's life can now be full, fruitful and meaningful, filled with God's love and compassion toward all people..


3. You have power through faith in Jesus Christ to move "mountains" and to demolish demonic strongholds.

"...for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." (Matthew 17:20)

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)

The Bible believer is not part of a shirking defensive body, but a powerful offensive force intended to penetrate hardened walls of unbelief, and to set free the poor and oppressed. It is not God's will that any should perish, and to that end the glorious Gospel continues to be proclaimed. Yes, God's power is present to move even mountains that might attempt to stand against His will. It is called the good fight. And the soldier in Christ's service needs to be unentangled with the derailing, temporary allurements of a worldly society. His life is laid down at the foot of the cross in order that a new Life of the Spirit through the resurrected Christ may take hold. He is a new creation, empowered and directed by The Holy Spirit.

You may be thinking, "but I can't live up to the standards that God requires." That is a good thing to admit. We all are powerless to live the overcoming life through our own efforts. The Old Testament Jewish temple gave us a wonderful picture for the way in which we are to approach Holy God. Upon entering the outer court, the very first stop must be the laver - the place where we wash away our dirt. Today, the laver becomes the confession of our sins - "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). And the basis of our cleansing is now the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, whose blood makes the vilest sinner white as snow. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) "For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."(2 Corinthians 5:21) Yes, God demonstrated His great love for all of us by sending His own Son to earth to pay the price on the cross so that we can be released from the bondage and penalty of sin. "For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

One day, faith will become sight. But until that day, it is God's good pleasure that we trust in the words that He has given us and the testimony of His Son. It is through faith that the Christian lives and relates to the living God. For the true believer who knows his Lord, the struggle is over and a certain rest has been entered through the finished work of Jesus Christ. The believer's life is no longer his own, but now under new and better management.

His work is easy and His burden is light. Cast off all anxiety and be assured, "faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

John L. Owens and his family were full-time missionaries to the former USSR in the early 90's. He continues to write and minister to truck drivers from his home in Coastal Georgia. His website, www.TheNinthGeneration.com, features his two published novels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print