Gods Promises keep faith alive
by Michael Hume

In the faith life God's promises can actively bring God into a place and remove Satan. God began speaking to me in promises around 1990. Before that nothing in scripture came over as a promise.

"He has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion and be partakers of the divine nature." 2 Peter 1.4

So the promises can enable you to live in the faith or heavenly realm instead of submitting to an adverse situation.

Some promises are ongoing always. "The jar of meal was not spent, and neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD which he spoke by Elijah." 1 Kings 17.16 Through this verse God has promised to always provide for me. He has. So if I am ever doubtful that God will provide, I can remind God and myself of this verse.

Some promises are given now, then later God reminds you as they are fulfilled. "He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken." Psalm 34.20. I had stored this in my heart. Later my mother was knocked to the ground by a slow car in the rain. She was taken to hospital and had x-rays. Before I was told of the result I knew within that Psalm 34.20 would be realised. It was. No bones were broken.

Reflecting, God keeps his promises acting in His time and way. God is still giving me promises.

It is worth retaining these verses in my heart or reminding myself of them often since they give me hope and vision for the future, and keep me hopeful. They eject doubt, fear, worry, unbelief and Satan's deceptions, and bring faith alive. Through these you can actively use faith to destroy opposition.

There is another part to these promises. Either for myself or someone prayed for. When in a tedious situation, like being held in a queue waiting for a long telephone conversation to end, I speak out a verse like "No weapon forged against you will prevail." Isaiah 54.17. Quietly, but letting it out of my mouth. Within seconds that conversation stops and the queue moves on. The verse breaks an tiresome situation.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print