Say The Word
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Luke 7:6-7 "Then Jesus went with them. And when He was already not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to Him, saying to Him, "Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy that You should enter under my roof. Therefore I did not even think myself worthy to come to You. But say the word, and my servant will be healed."

Observation

In these passages, Luke records Jesus' encounter with the astonishing faith of a Roman centurion. The centurion had a servant who was sick and about to die so he sent elders of the Jews to ask Jesus to come and heal his servant. However, before Jesus could even get to the centurion's house, the centurion sent friends to Jesus saying that the Lord did not need to visit his house, but only say the word and his servant would be healed. Because the centurion understood authority, he also understood the power of a word spoken with authority and therefore had great faith in the power of the Lord's spoken word to heal his servant. As a result, Jesus marveled at the centurion's great faith and the servant was healed.

Application

The same is true today for me as it was true for the Roman centurion there is power and authority in the spoken word of God. In John 6:63, Jesus says "The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life" and John 1:14 says that "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Because of the Word of God, I know that Jesus is the same today, yesterday, and forever Heb 13:8). And furthermore, I know that the Lord is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34 KJV) and He is a respecter of faith (Heb 11:6). Therefore, as I demonstrate my faith in God and speak His Word over my life, I will see the power of His Word fulfilled in my life just like the centurion did more than 2,000 years ago.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Jehovah Nissi, the Lord our Banner! Thank You Lord for fulfilling the promises of Your Word in my life as I believe Your Word, speak Your Word, pray Your Word, and live Your Word each day of my life for all of Your promises are yes and amen in You to Your glory through us. I love You Jesus! Amen!

Say The Word Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Say The Word, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print