A Case Of The Tail Wagging The Dog
by Sandor Balog

Recently, I have noticed that some people engaged in evangelism and holding a specific view about a specific part of the Bible tend to subordinate and/or adjust the actual content of the Bible to their views. Either they do not realize, or do not want to realize that, by doing so, they enter the realm of illusions, instead of being satisfied with the not so ideal but much more real facts. Some may think how good it would be if Jesus had been resurrected on a Saturday. This would be in harmony with what God told the Hebrews, namely that they should keep the Sabbath holy, free from any labor. It sounds so cool! Those holding such a belief tend to forget about reality. What is still worse than that is if they disseminate such thoughts as the following: "Since God gave the injunction to keep the Sabbath holy, Jesus must necessarily have risen from the dead on a Saturday. There's no other way around it." That reminds me of the time when I was a soldier in the Hungarian Army (1974-1976) and of the advice I was given by an officer before I began my night sentry duty. He told me that the best way to avoid falling asleep was not to sit down. Falling asleep always begins with: "Look, there's a chair here, why shouldn't I sit down?" The next step: "Look, there's a sofa here, why shouldn't I lie down." The next step: "Once I'm lying here on this sofa, why shouldn't I take a nap." Therefore, you had better not take the first step. Do not sit down! False teachings work in a similar way. Step by step. And then someone comes, shakes your shoulder and says: " Hey man, what are you doing here?", you will have to take leave of your illusions and prepare yourself for a "smooth landing" on the ground of reality.
For Catholics and members of other Christian denominations, the version of a crucifixion on Friday and a resurrection on Sunday is "most appropriate".
Jesus did not know which day would be the best for certain groups of religious people in 2011 CE. The past cannot be changed subsequently. Well, actually it can but only by going against the truth. The facts and biblical and historical evidence show that Jesus died on March 25, 31 CE (Nisan or Abib 15, 3791 as per the Hebrew calendar), at 3pm, on a Tuesday, and He was resurrected on March 28, 31 CE, (Nisan or Abib 18, 3791), at about 6pm, on a Friday. These are facts that you may check out for yourself and then either try to refute or validate. Any and all other tips made for various days of the week in respect of the crucifixion and resurrection are nothing than a shot in the dark. If you encounter any bible study addressing the issue of the three days and three nights without determining the exact calendar days (month, days, year), you can regard the author as also shooting in the dark. Believers of many Christian Churches and denominations who insist on crucifixion on a Friday and resurrection on a Sunday are, in my view, doing something even worse, since they are actually shooting at Jesus Himself!
Study and interpret the Bible whenever you can and be a modern-day disciple of Jesus instead of being labeled as such a "Christian"! God bless you!

By Sandor Balog

Word Count: 571
Copyright: free
URL: www.magyarbattila.hu

Sandor Balog (pen name: Attila B. Magyar), author of Palm Wednesday.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print