Memories of Mom
by PamFord Davis

Mom was born on August 30, 1922 and died at the age of 77; I recall memories of Mom. I have heard that a man's home is his castle; I would say Mom's homes were her pride and joy. She found great satisfaction in decorating each room. Her choice of colors changed with the seasons of her life. We both shared a passion for peach in the 1970's; in the years preceding her death she turned to deep shades of pink or red to highlight her strawberries kitchen theme.

Her living rooms were comfortable and pleasing to the eye. She carefully selected matching accessories to compliment bedroom bedding and carefully color coordinated bathrooms. Mom always placed framed pictures of her children and grandchildren throughout the house. She turned each house into a home and I felt the warmth of welcome when I crossed the threshold.

Each time Mom redecorated, her joy was not complete until she grabbed her camera and took several snapshots of the recent changes. A few weeks later, I would open my mailbox and find a bulging letter marked "Pictures, Please Hand Stamp." I'd tear open the envelope and look at each picture and be transported through time and space to Mom and Dad's.

I can hardly wait to see Mom's eternal home. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am (John 14:1-3 NIV)." If a picture is worth a thousand words, Mom could be filling photo albums with praise!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print