Influencing Your Surroundings
by Steve Countryman

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." A lighthouse represents hope, help, a future, security, safety, guiding light, solid, constant, steadfastness, clarity, a point of reference and is never affected by the storms. Jesus is the lighthouse to wayward ships, (people), in troubled seas.

One of the most terrifying and scariest places you can be is lost at sea, on a pitch-black night without any light, during a raging storm. Your boat is being tossed back and forth on the waves while your boat takes on water faster than you can bale it out and is about to sink. It has to be one of the most desperate, depressed, fearful, helpless, hopeless feelings that one can possibly have. You have tried to come to grips with the thought that you will not see morning. But then in the distance you see a light. Dim at first but steadily getting brighter and closer. It is a light from a lighthouse. It's light pierces the dark night. Instantly you are filled with joy, hope and peace knowing that you will survive.

As God's children we carry Jesus in us. Our bodies are His Temple, His dwelling place. God is the light within us shining brightly. You must allow His light to shine brightly through you each and everyday. This is how you can affect, impact and influence your surroundings. You start by spending more time with God and His Word daily. By putting on the mind of Christ you start thinking like Christ and start looking and listening for opportunities to be a blessing to others and let His light shine through you.

Matthew 5:14-16 14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. With the times that we are living in getting darker and darker our opportunity to shine brightly with God's light becomes huge and impactful. The time has come for all of God's children to shine His light bright and to stop hiding it under a bowl. The darker it gets the brighter the light shines!

I have seen commercials on TV that shows people telling the interviewer that they don't know nor have a clue what their purpose in life is. Of course it was a commercial for a religion that thinks that it is their job to tell them what their purpose is. My point is that people out there are desperate and hungry to know the "real truth". They have been in the dark for too long and are desperate for His light. God places people in our lives not by chance but by choice, His choice! I refer to them as heavenly opportunities. You have influence on people around you and affect on your surroundings if you believe it or not. Sometimes it is a positive one and other times it is a negative one. Hopefully it is more positive then negative. The words you speak carry blessings or curses. It doesn't matter if the words you speak are about yourself or others, there is power in your words! That is how the Bible starts with God speaking creation into being and that is our example.

In the Bible the number "5" represents God's grace so anytime that I come across groups of things in a group of "5" then I know it is by His grace. Just as God works and blesses you by His grace in you, to you, with you, for you and through you He also touches areas of your life by His grace in your physical body/health, your mind/thoughts, your spiritual being, your relationships friendships and marriage and in your finances. Allowing God to be God in those areas of your life allows His light to shine brightly in you and through you. It is God's light that draws others to Him through you. It is how you conduct yourself around others when they are watching and when you think they are not. People watch how you handle problems, crisis, trouble, threats and pressure. They are looking for the panic, worry and complaining that everyone else does but notice that you don't. Why you have a peace about you when all others are full of fear. It is just another example of your influence on people around you and the impact you have on your surroundings. Heavenly opportunities await you to share the Gospel, your witness, your testimony and your faith with others as to why you have peace and joy with God. Why you don't panic over politics and world situations. How amidst the troubled seas and stormy waves you sleep good and sound like Jesus on the boat. The harvest is ready and of great size. God's children are influencing and impacting their surroundings. Don't miss your daily heavenly opportunities, make them! Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print