Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #21
by chris benjamin

"For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want" (Galatians 5:17). For some this might be the most difficult part of our spiritual basic training. We must forget ourselves and put God and his children first in all that we do. We have to strip away the selfish nature of our entire lives to achieve this goal. This is where we have to dive deep into our souls and learn about who we really are as children of God. We must seek out our sins and shortcomings vigilantly and eradicate them from our lives with the help of our heavenly Father. Honest and sincere soul searching will shine a light on all our mistakes. It may be hard for us to see how far off the path of righteousness we have strayed. Take heart everyone! There is always hope for a brighter futurewith our Lord Jesus Christ no matter how lost we may have become. Light will always overcome darkness. Good will always prevail over evil. This is the truth of his everlasting grace that we have been so richly blessed with for eternity.

We must start turning me into we with the foundation we have laid in our faithful act of prayer. Humbly ask God to open our eyes to the very core of our entire being. Ask him to show us our sins so that we may no longer be blinded by ignorance or denial. Honestly pray to God with all our hearts, souls, and minds. Please our heavenly Father, open our eyes to the sin in our lives. Please grant us your wisdom to know right from wrong and your strength, courage, and confidence to always make the right decisions for your glory.

Identifying our sins is crucial in the process of transforming our lives. Seek our sins out and hunt them down with a remarkable resolve to defeat them! Give sin no place to hide in our hearts, minds, souls, and lives. Remember we are free from sin because of Jesus' sacrifice for us on the cross.

MISSION: Bare our souls to God

Go to the quiet place that was chosen earlier for prayer. Sincerely ask God to show us our sins. By doing this, we must humbly accept that we have been led astray by the temptation of the world. With all truthfulness, ask God for his forgiveness and the strength to leave that sinful past behind. If we are sincere and truly want to live a righteous life for God's glory, he will forgive and restore us. Now stand up, being reinvigorated by the healing power of God, and press on to a new righteous life in Jesus Christ!

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print