Spare Ribs Ribbing
by PamFord Davis

Does your diet revolve around meat and potatoes? I have been married to a vegetarian for nearly 44 years but I know we are in the minority. Our son is "carnivore man style"; meat makes his world go around and he keeps an ample supply of barbecue sauce in the family refrigerator. Spare ribs are naked until a master chef bastes them in seasoning and sauce. "Howdy, neighbor! Ya' got any ribs you can spare?"

God knew Adam's physical makeup; as his creator, He held the x-ray and gazed at a rib. Adam could spare one from his rib cage and admire the transformation from bone to bride. "So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh at that place. And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man (Genesis 2:21-22 NAS)."

The removal of a spare rib was no great loss; Adam delighted in the exchange. "And the man said, 'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man (Genesis 2:23 NAS)." His search for a helpmate ended; two became one and the twinkle in his eye planted seeds to our family tree. Ladies, if your husband frequently requests take-out barbecue ribs, humor him and sacrifice your craving for pizza. He cannot explain his hunger but you have a hunch he has love to spare!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print