Lackadaisical Clock Watching
by PamFord Davis

Landing a good job is currently more amazing than landing a 747 in Atlanta. In our early years of radio announcing, my husband had the challenge of deciding which job offer suited him best. Today, most job applicants in desperation settle for positions far below their qualifications and years of experience. They do not quibble about fringe benefits; unemployment benefits are temporary and a full time job will get them back in the workforce.

God offers fabulous benefits and awaits your reply. "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's (Psalms 103:1-5 RS)."

More and more, employers are reducing benefit bundles; they drop health insurance, pull pensions and toss aside tenure. An employee loses confidence in the American dream and minimum wage workers replace loyalty to the job with lackadaisical clock watching. Our faith in climbing to the top may dwindle and perks pop like bubbles, yet we find satisfaction in God's benefits and soar above our situation!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print