Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #27
by chris benjamin

"These should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God" (1 Timothy 5:4). The next people we need to look to is our families. They need to be an integral part of our spiritual team as well. Our families are stronger when we are united with each other in love. They are unbreakable when we are united with God's perfect love. Strive to make our families one with God. Pull them all together and let them know it is time to start living for God first. Explain that the only way to live a truly loving and peaceful life is through the grace of God. Take the initiative to save our families. Invite them to church. Pray before mealswhen everyone is together. Put our faith out there for everyone to see. Our efforts will be magnified by the power of the Holy Spirit. We just have to take that first step in faith and the Holy Spirit will show us what to say and how to say it. His glorious light will shine through us and reach out to our families. We all want them to be with us when Jesus comes to call us to heaven. Be that beacon of hope and guidance to our families!

MISSION: Family time

Just as before with our spouses, plan a conversation with our families. Invite them to be part of the core of the spiritual team we are building for God. It is important that we build our spiritual teams with members of our families and the ones closest to us in life. Be honest and sincere with the request. Do it with happiness on our faces and enthusiasm in our voices. It is a blessing to unite our families together by the power of God.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print