Scarecrow-Defeat Death!
by PamFord Davis

Fall is in the air; interior decorators select warm colors, set-aside beach motifs for another year and set out pumpkins. They creatively scatter fallen leaves and display scarecrows. "Mr. Scarecrow" comes in many varieties; I prefer a smiley face. Today I saw a picture of one in the midst of a field of sunflowers; he had outstretched arms, wore a broad smile and a triangle served as his nose. He was dressed in overalls, plaid shirt and droopy straw hat. The smile beckoned me to join him as he welcomes autumn and scares annoying crows.

I delighted in discovering a devotional in the scene. The artist had extended the scarecrows arms as Christ's on the cross of Calvary! Something was markedly absent; the fellow had no hands. As Christ followers, he has given us the opportunity to touch lives today. The triangle shaped nose represents the matchless trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. His casual dress points to Jesus as Son of Man. He could have donned the regal robes of royalty as King of Kings; instead, He worse simple garments. The droopy straw hat reminds me of Jesus in a Bethlehem bed of straw and his crown of thorns on Good Friday.

The center of my attention scares crows; the center of my life has defeated death! As believers in Jesus as God's Son, we are God's children, "Now since the children have flesh and blood in common, He also shared in these, so that through His death He might destroy the one holding the power of death-that is, the Devil-and free those who were held in slavery all their lives by the fear of death (Hebrews 2:14-15 HCS)." Crows are a nuisance, vultures as a bird of prey seek to devour. Victory in Jesus!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print