The Call of the Sea
by PamFord Davis

The master gardener calls some men into farming; others in search of significance feel a call to fame. The heavenly Father extends a call to a few into the ministry; patriotism calls young men and women into the military. Empathy calls a group of individuals to serve as doctors and nurses; moms hear a call to guide and nurture God's gift of children. The list is lengthy; people have unique gifts and interests and seek suitable areas of service. Sailors, across centuries have answered a call to the sea.

I have heard God's call to turn to Him. If only we would heed the call "O that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your prosperity would have been like a river, and your success like the waves of the sea; your offspring would have been like the sand, and your descendants like its grains; their name would never be cut off or destroyed from before me (Isaiah 48:18-19 NRS)." God desired to bless Israel and has abundant forgiveness prepared for all who come to Him in faith. Waves billow on the horizon as God's welcoming arms; we hear God's correction and anchor our soul in His grace.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print