Season of Autumn
by Marijo Phelps

Season of Autumn
Our leaves on the aspen have been hinting about changing for 2 weeks now (yes, it is only August) Yesterday I notices some have really changed. Not sure what is up with this as we had winter, one DAY of spring and then went into summer. Colorado Springs is breaking high temperature records. Now the promise of early fall? NOT more of that white stuff, I simply am not ready.

God is whispering through this all to my heart:

Child, it is coming autumn, a season of apparent dying without but a time of fortification/strengthening within.

It is a beautiful season for roots to go deep, even into the Rock and it is not impossible.

It is not a season of blooms, blossoms or fruit. But without the autumn preparation there would be no resurrection or bursting forth season.

Rest and allow Jesus to deepen your roots, yield.

Be not frenzied, nor dismayed.

Absorb the crisp air, delight in the color and relax in Your Lord. He is able.

Stretch your roots and He will bring forth the increase. Fear not.

You stay put and grow in Him. It is a season of quiet depth and internal growth, a season of strengthening. Selah.

And to think the columbines I ordered for fall planting and the new iris rhizomes haven't come yet. Hope they get here in time to establish roots before that first snowfall!

Come visit my blog! http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print