Living by the Watch
by PamFord Davis

"Watch" watch your weight, watch your calories, watch your temper, watch your back, watch your time. Hmm, it seems that we are very alert people. We do not allow anything to sneak up on us unawares. We diligently use caution and attempt to take control over all things at all times. A night watchman is in the midst of people living by the watch.

Christ commands me to watch. "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the good-man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour the Son of man cometh (Matthew 24:43-44 KJV)."

Jesus will return; He is coming. I am compelled to take heed, watch and pray. "Take ye heed, watch and pray for ye know not when the time is (Mark 13:33 KJV)." Clock watching will be a waste of time; no man knows the day or hour of the Master's arrival. The sign's of His coming are many; I will watch the sky and anticipate meeting Him in the clouds!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print