Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #34
by chris benjamin

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds" (Proverbs 27:23). Our family life is all about relationships. There are three that are at the foundation of a spiritual family. The relationship with our Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is first. The relationship between the father and the mother is second. Third is the relationship with the children. If we keep that relationship model in mind, we will always have our priorities straight. With our priorities in line with God first, we will become good shepherds of our families. This is the core of our spiritual team. Put all our energy into knowing everything about our families. Their likes, dislikes, interests, fears, and joys. The insight we gain by sincerely understanding our families will guide our actions toward their good. Each family starts with the father and the mother. To have an entire family filled with love, it must begin with the love the father and mother have and show. We as parents must put God at the center of our lives to find that everlasting unconditional love in him. That is where we will connect with our spouses physically, emotionally, and most important spiritually. When we have his love in our hearts it can not help but flow forth into our children's hearts as well. The love parents reflect to each other will have a huge impact on how their children will love their spouses when they marry.

MISSION: Study our families

Take a real interest in the lives of our families. Spend quality time with them to find out what makes each person unique. Become a student of each member so that we can know him or her more. Now do something special for each one. Once we find out what really makes each member happy, take the time and do it. Show our family members that each one of them is truly important to us by investing our time for their happiness.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print