According To The Time Of Life
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Genesis 18:14 "Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son."

Observation

In this verse, the Lord visited Abraham and declared that his wife Sarah would have a son according to the time of life appointed by the Lord for them. However, because Abraham and Sarah were both advanced in age and Sarah was past the age of child-bearing, Sarah laughed within herself, considering such a plan to be too unlikely for them. In His reproof, the Lord reminds Abraham and Sarah that there is nothing too hard for Him. In fact, according to the time of life that the Lord had planned for Sarah, He visited Sarah as promised and she bore a son as He had spoken. As a result, Abraham named his son Isaac, meaning laughter.

Application

From this passage, I can be assured that God has a good plan for my life and at the appointed time He will make it happen because there is nothing too difficult for Him. Even if His plan for my life doesn't make sense in the natural and seems too laughable to consider, I must trust that He is faithful. In fact, in Jeremiah 29:11 the Lord says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." A future and a hope in this economy? Yes. A future and a hope in this relational situation? Yes. A future and a hope in this set of circumstances? Yes. Regardless of the laughable odds perceived in the natural, in faith, the answer is simply yes because the Lord is faithful, He has a good plan for me, and at the appointed time He will fulfill His Word in my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are El Shaddai, the All-Powerful and All-Sufficient Lord of my life! Thank You for the future and the hope that You have planned for me. At Your appointed times in my life, I trust that You are faithful to complete the good work that You have begun in me because You are the faithful Author and Finisher of my faith! I love You Jesus! Amen!

According To The Time Of Life Copyright 2011, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, According To The Time Of Life, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print