LAYERS
by Elsie Schuett Flynn

My brother-in-law was a very talented man. He had a wealth of talents and abilities, from drawing to building houses. He and my sister bought an older home, a fixer-upper, with beautiful bones. It was a scaled-down version of a "beach house" mansion you would see up in The Hamptons of Long Island. Each room was adorned with beautiful architectural details. Sadly, all the natural beauty was covered. My brother-in-law spent countless hours sanding, scraping, and even burning off the many layers of paint to get to the bare wood. It was tedious, hard and I imagine, frustrating work. But oh, after he stained and varnished everything, the result was spectacular! All the natural grains of the oak were gorgeous. The entire house was truly a work of love. Their labor produced an incredible transformation, turning a neglected structure into a show house. To say the least, he achieved a result to take delight in.

All those layers of paint remind me of all the layers of sin on my soul. Each sin slaps on a layer, like old paint, that conceals true inner beauty and works as a barrier between God and my heart. When I came to Him and confessed my sins, He removed them all. It was not a once and done job; oh no, it's a work in progress. I need daily confession and daily cleansing.

How about you? Are there layers of sin on your heart? Is there anything blocking your heart from the Lord's loving touch?


1 John 1:9 (gwt)

God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we've done wrong.

www.elsieflynn.blogspot.com

please notify author when printing / reprinting this article  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print