Spiritual Basic Training:50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #40
by chris benjamin

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV). Other situations may need our monetary contributions. For those of us that are not in need financially, we are saved from the stress that being in need causes. So we can afford to make bigger donations monetarily. We all can make larger monetary contributions if we adjust our budget to fit the needs of others first. Go buy a jacket for someone who is without one instead of dining out this month. Go drop an extra twenty dollars in the offering plate at church instead of going to the movies this week. Go sponsor a starving child that would not eat otherwise instead of making purchases we do not truly need. There are so many easy ways that we can contribute the money we hold on to. We can truly make a huge difference in someone's life buying reconfiguring our spending. Take the step towards financially helping our brothers and sisters of the world. It may be all they need to spark hope in their lives to get on the right path for a brighter future.

MISSION: Money well spent.

Make a commitment to give up one comfort for the good of another. Adjust our spending habits so that we may give to those who truly need help. Remember we cannot take any money or treasure with us when we depart this world. Why not spread it around to those who need it more than we do? When we do so, we store up the best treasure of all for our heavenly call. A blessed offering of a righteous life lived for God.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print