Whoop and Holler
by PamFord Davis

Children express their feelings; they leave little room for doubt about their reaction to their circumstances. A girl or boy receives the gift of a new puppy or bicycle with a whoop and holler of glee! The refusal of a long desired request or parent's strict discipline reveals disappointment and sadness; young people sob and bawl.

My birth certificate is legal proof of my sixty plus chronological age; I still act like a little girl in response to happenings. I may be more refined but I still react in accordance to good or bad situations. Give me what I want and I celebrate; withhold it or send bad times and I pout and throw a pity party.

It is high time I draw the attention of others with a noticeable change of attitude! "My dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful test you are suffering, as though something unusual were happening to you. Rather be glad that you are sharing Christ's sufferings, so that you may be full of joy when his glory is revealed (I Peter 4:12-13 TEV)."

An inspirational writer reported one woman learning of another suffering with a terminal disease. Hearing the news the caring friend called to express her concern; the dying woman answered the phone with shortness of breath yet happiness in her voice. The caller was confused. Was the report wrong? No, the woman had been dancing around her living room and confided in her friend. She would soon see Jesus! I want to shout for joy, whoop and holler praises and cast aside disappointment and dismay...

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print