My Dad
by PamFord Davis

My Dad he lived for over six decades in the small and friendly neighborhood of Mycenae, New York. Frank began life in a large frame farmhouse and as youngest learned the rigors of hard work and exhilaration of filling your lungs with dawn's fresh air. Big brothers watched over him and companions were workhorses and loyal dogs.

Walls of a one-room schoolhouse confined him and restless feet took a long stride to volunteer for service in Uncle Sam's military. He served his enlistment years and received his official discharge; America entered World War II and the draft board called him back into the Army, serving in Europe he made buddies and missed his country home.

Mr. Ford soon had a family of his own and lived just down the road from the big farmhouse. The canvas ready scene with meandering creek and willow trees held a two-story cottage style house, sheltering his Betty and a brood of five, four girls and long awaited son. He often worked two jobs to provide for his middle-class family and dedicated free time to the house and yard.

After retirement, Dad and Mom no longer needed the four-bedroom house, sold the property and relocated three times, the final move to the state of Texas. Wherever they lived, Dad loved to be outdoors. Cutting grass was not work; it was therapy; walking was not a means of saving on gas for the car, instead it gave him the opportunity to stretch his legs and unload his cares.

I view cows and horses in pastures, bubbling brooks, jagged rocks or boulders and grassy hills; I behold God's creation and think of Dad. "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside still waters Psalms 23:1-2 KJV)." Amen.

In the realm of education, F represents failure. As a Ford, "I have a better idea." F.F.F. abbreviated Franklin Freeborn Ford, father, faithful, and friend.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print