Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #42
by chris benjamin

"Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called" (Ephesians 4:34). Our body, mind, and spirit are three distinct parts of our being. We have to exercise each part to reach our maximum potential. Physical, mental, and spiritual fitness will allow our entire being to achieve a harmonious oneness with ourselves and God. A strong unity of body, mind, and spirit will provide us with the right balance to remain resilient in all situations. We will find out during our spiritual basic training that these three separate parts all overlap and are intertwined with each other. For example, if we lack the mental toughness to deal with stress or negative situations, it will let doubt creep in. Doubt turns to acceptance, acceptance to depression, and depression will affect our physical health. If we let our physical health deteriorate, it will negatively affect our mental toughness and confidence in ourselves. Our spiritual health is the piece that ties us together into absolute true oneness with God. Our spiritual fitness is what is going to push us through the times of mental and physical fatigue. We will never fail when are doing the will of our God. We may fall, but when we have our entire being united with God, we can pick ourselves up and continue on to our assured victory through him.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Physical fitness is the easiest to attain of the three distinct parts of our being. Being physically fit will not only make us healthier but help us to endure in times of mental stress. As physically fit spiritual warriors, we need to concentrate on three core fundamentals of being physically fit. They are simple and effective but essential to gaining and maintaining a physically fit body. Diet, exercise, and a proper rest plan will sculpt our bodies into the best physically fit spiritual warriors we can be.

First is our diet. Find a diet that fits best. Here are the key points to an effective diet. Do not take in more calories than we can use in a day. Count the calories taken in each day to give an accurate estimate of intake. If the calorie intake is higher than the calories we use in a day, then an adjustment needs to be made. Everything in moderation. Do not overindulge on a regular basis. Make the portions appropriate for the each of our own weights and the amount of calories that are taken in each day. Our eyes can be bigger than our stomachs. Stick to a portion that will satisfy our appetites but is not over doing it just because the food is there and we can. We are what we eat. Get rid of the empty calories of junk food. Candy bars, soda pop, and foods of that nature are just fillers and give no real nutritional value to the body. Replace the junk food with fruits, vegetables, and natural foods. Our minds may tell us that we will not be satisfied with carrots and apples for a snack. That is because we have conditioned ourselves to think that way. It is time to recondition our minds and bodies to put nutritional food into our mouths first before the junk. Especially for our children. We want to start them off on the right path to a healthy lifestyle. Once we start on new healthier routine, our bodies will thank us by how well we feel and the energy we have gained. We can make good nutrition the norm again. It is the only earthly body we have so make the most of it. Remember our bodies are God's temples. Treat them as such. We can do it together so let's make it happen!

MISSION: Take care of God's temple

Integrate a healthy dietary plan into our lives. Research and choose the best plan that fits our individual needs. Once we find a good plan, stick to it! Keep it simple and easy to follow. Our bodies are God's temples and are the beautiful reflection of God's image. So let us honor him by taking care of the body he has blessed us with.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print