An Occasion For Testimony
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Luke 21:13 "But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony."

Observation

In this verse, the Lord is sharing with his disciples that there will be a time of persecution when people that follow Him will be brought before kings and rulers for His name's sake. When that happens, the Lord says that it will turn out as an occasion for testimony.

Application

From this passage, I can be assured that if I am following the Lord Jesus Christ, I can expect to be persecuted for His name's sake. In fact, the Lord even says in John 15:20 that "'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you." Therefore, whenever I am mistreated, misunderstood, taken for granted, spoken about in contempt because I follow the Lord, I should not be surprised. Instead, I should simply approach the situation as He did receive it as an occasion for testimony.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Jehovah Jireh, the Lord Who Sees and Who Provides! Thank You for seeing all things concerning me including those things that have opportunity to hurt me because I follow You. Give me strength and wisdom Lord to respond to all such occasions as an opportunity to be more like You! I love You Jesus! Amen!

An Occasion For Testimony Copyright 2011, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, An Occasion For Testimony, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.


Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print