Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #44
by chris benjamin

"Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done" (Genesis 2:3). We all need time to rest and relax our bodies. The best way to accomplish this is by incorporating a productive sleep routine. We have to let our bodies recover from the day's events. Whether it is from physical activity or just being awake for an extended period of time. If we do not give our bodies time to recover, our health will fail more quickly. It will also put added stress on us mentally. A proper rest plan is crucial to maintaining the peek performance of our bodies. God gave us the Sabbath for a reason. To acknowledge his greatness and love first. Second, to let our physical bodies recover from the work we have put in during the week. We must prioritize our day so that we do not interrupt our sleep cycle. Take this rest plan seriously. Adequate rest equals more energy, equals more good works, equals more glory to God!

MISSION: R & R time

Prioritize our daily schedule to incorporate an adequate rest plan. Our bodies need approximately seven or eight hours a night to recover. So schedule that time to make it happen. Truly put forth the effort to rest and recover. Our bodies will be able to handle so much more when they are one hundred percent rested. God wants us to rest so we can reflect on his goodness and be revitalized to help his children. Slow down and relax. It is his command.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print