Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #45
by chris benjamin

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2). Mental fitness is key in producing a resilient spiritual warrior. If we control our thoughts and emotions, we control our actions. They are our emotions, our feelings, and our desires. We have the power by the grace of Jesus Christ to control what we allow to influence our thoughts. So do not let the affairs of the world take us away from leading righteous lives for our ultimate authority, God Almighty. Let us use the blessing of self-control from God to make ourselves mentally tough, able to overcome any obstacle the world puts before us. It can be done and will be done through him who loves us. The first step we need to take is honest prayer to God. Ask him to help us to let go of all the stress and negativity that we have been holding on to. Place all the cares and worries of life at his feet. He will take them away by his loving grace. The hardening of our hearts from stress is a huge factor in determining the actions we take each day. An emotionally shut off heart will not give and receive love the way God has intended his children to do.

In turn, we will not think positively and will not generate or reciprocate kindness. We need to let the past hurt go into God's capable hands. We must realize that disappointment, stress, and negativity are a part of the world we live in. These will always be there, but we do not have to let it rule our lives. It is how we deal with mental stress that will determine how resilient we will be. So let us be resilient! No one is stopping us from achieving resiliency except for us. Pray, pray, pray for the release of stress and hurt from our hearts so that it no longer affects our emotions negatively.

Adapt and overcome every situation positively. We all get bombarded with stress from time to time. It seems at times that the negativity of the world likes to attack all at once. Let it come, because we know that we have God's ultimate power on our side to deal with any situation. Our Father will never give us more than we can handle. Remember that every time we are tested it will make us stronger. We have the ability to learn from each event we endure in life. The more we are tested, the more knowledge we have to deal with the negative in the future. So do not get tunnel vision concerning the negative turns in our lives. Do not dwell on worldly problems because they are all temporary. For every negative situation, God will give us a path of righteousness to follow for a positive outcome. We have to be vigilant in looking for it though. Do not get mired down in the pity of our situation. Whatever comes at us, deal with it confidently. Look for the right path to take through prayer. Adapt to the situation and stay fluid in our thoughts and actions. Some answers to a previous problem may not apply to the same problem at a different time. That is why adaptability is so important. We must be willing and able to accept any given situation without denial. Stand up and look past the immediate stress in front of us and search for his righteous path to take. Once the Lord has shown his path to us, do not second guess it. Have the courage to take his path, and we will succeed at overcoming the problems of the world.

MISSION: Adapt and overcome

God always gives us a way to triumph in all circumstances. Pray to God for guidance and look for his sign the next time we are challenged. Be willing to try something new to be victorious. Be bold. Be creative. Be persistent. Be God's soldiers. Spiritual soldiers that never quit but always endure. Spiritual soldiers that never waiver but always press forward. Spiritual soldiers that never flinch but always keep our eyes on the heavenly prize. Adapt to every situation gracefully and overcome it with the power of God's might.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print