Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #46
by chris benjamin

"No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer" (2 Timothy 2:4 ). With this verse in mind, remember we are all God's soldiers. God is our commanding officer, and we should only be concerned with what makes him happy. Do not worry or be anxious about the thoughts of others in the world. When we live a life that has God at the center, the worries and cares of the world seem small. If we keep the concerns of God first in our minds, it will guide the direction of our emotions in the right way always. We all must keep our emotions temperate in all situations. Never let our emotions get too high or too low. Keep them on an even level so that any situation can be dealt with in a clear thinking manner. When our minds are clear from the debris of sin, negativity, and stress, we have a clear view of the world around us. Then the situation will not be clouded by the stain of hurt and stress in our lives. We can make our vision of the world one that is vibrant and crystal clear with God's purpose and direction in mind. We must grab hold of the emotional spikes that happen in life and contain them. Our mental toughness depends on how well we handle the highs and lows that life is full of. One way to keep our emotions temperate is to never let the negative stick to us. We must be like Teflon in that whatever the world tries to put on us negatively, will not stick. Be of strong minds and unflinching character when we face the trials of life. We know that we will have to face tests eventually in our lives. Be prepared for them to come and don't let it affect us negatively. When we let the stress of the world grab on to us, our mental toughness is attacked. Do not let stress get that far in our lives. Remember we do have the power to control what we let affect us by the grace of Jesus Christ.

MISSION: Temperance in everything

Do not lose our tempers anymore. Be full of God's grace and forgive all transgressions before they seep into our hearts. Forgive someone's transgression immediately as soon as it happens. Do not let anger come into the conversation. If we forgive as soon as we have been sinned against, all the evil of retaliation cannot take hold. No revenge. No retribution. Sin stops there where we decide with God's help. Now sin will not continue because we have decided to be temperate in our emotions and have self-control. It is an amazing feeling to know we are emotionally temperate; able to deal with all situations calmly. Try it today and feel the control return to our emotions.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print