Guilt That Hinders
by Steve Countryman

Guilt can take you and bind you up. It can restrict your life. Guilt will limit your walk with Father God. It will keep you tied to your past and to your sins. Guilt will tie you to the sins of others. It will keep you from being an effective Christian. Guilt will cause you to miss out on blessings from God. It will cause staleness and stagnation in your Christian life. Guilt will cause you to beat yourself up continually and relive your sinful mistakes. It will limit your spiritual growth. Guilt will keep you in a continuous state of "unworthiness", unworthy of God's love, unworthy of God's trust, unworthy of God's forgiveness, unworthy of your own forgiveness, unworthy of any blessings or anything good and all of the other lies that Satan ties to that guilt. Guilt can destroy your future. Guilt can keep you in sickness and disease. Guilt can steal your hope and give you despair instead. Guilt is meant to keep you down and destroy you if you let it. It is one of Satan's most effective weapons against you.

Matthew 9:1-8 1Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. 2Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven." 3At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, "This fellow is blaspheming!" 4Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? 5Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? 6But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." Then he said to the paralytic, "Get up, take your mat and go home." 7And the man got up and went home. 8When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to men.

God showed me the truth in the story of the paralytic man. I have read this story several times over the years but God revealed the truth in the story. I remember reading a commentary on this story that speculated that the paralytic man had a sexually transmitted disease. Yes, they had those back then. It has always been a curse of consequence for those who have sex outside of marriage. In this case it said that the man's disease had progressed so far as to make him a paraplegic. God revealed to me that in this story Jesus sees the men who brought the paralytic man as men of great faith and determination. Then Jesus did something first before He healed the man. Jesus told him that his sins were forgiven. That is because the man's sins were tied to the man's sickness and had to be addressed first before the healing could take place. Jesus knew the man's history that brought about this disease. Guilt can take your sin and bind it to you so much so that it can manifest itself as a disease or sickness in your body. Thank God that He can forgive you of your sins, clean you white as snow with the Blood of the Lamb, deliver you and heal your body of ALL sickness and disease. God can remove the guilt of sin and all stains of guilt and shame. God can also help you to be able to forgive yourself too!

The other guilt that binds sin to you is the sins of others that you hold on to. You must ask the Holy Spirit to help you forgive and release those who have sinned against you. Too many Christians suffer needlessly because of the guilt they carry around with them. Satan only has the authority over you that you give him, otherwise Satan is powerless against a child of the Most High God! There are those for whom this will be a revelation because they didn't know. There are those who just don't care, because they are deeply trapped in their guilt. Then there are those who just don't care to know.

Jesus came so that we could have life and have life more abundantly. Jesus brings victory, freedom and deliverance from ALL of our transgressions, guilt and shame. We live an unshackled life with the Father daily. Living isn't a test of Christian survival or just surviving until Jesus comes back. It is a life rich in abundance, victory, liberty, freedom and Christ-like influence. It is hard to represent God's kingdom when you are busy hauling around all of the guilt and shame from past sins. Be delivered and set free in Jesus name! You are a child of the King! You are a representative of God's kingdom! You walk in all of the blessings, health, prosperity, power and authority of Heaven in you through Jesus Christ! Are you ready!?!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print