Spiritual Basic Training: 50 Missions for a Spirit-Filled Life #49
by chris benjamin

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7). Spiritual fitness is the most important piece to our entire being because it is the connection we have with God. A spiritually fit person will be able to endure and to overcome anything because God is first in his or her life. How do we know what it is that makes us spiritually fit? This is the most difficult part of our being to grasp but it is definitely attainable. What makes our spirit strong? The holy presence of God with us is what makes us spiritually powerful. To be in his light and doing his will is what gives our spirit strength. We must seek his light and his will every day to increase our spiritual fitness. Prayer, faith, and good works will allow our spiritual fitness to soar ever higher. Pure and honest prayer to the Lord will enable us to seek out his will for us.

We all need his purpose and direction to lead us into his salvation. Prayer is where we meet with our Lord in a higher place. It is not the physical world that we can see with our eyes where we communicate with God. It is beyond our earthly touch but it is real and it is eternal. Seek the Lord, and he will guide us to make the right choices always. Knowing God and his will brings a peaceful calm to our existence that cannot be matched by any other earthy connection. We are bound to him forever by the love of Jesus Christ. Get personal with God and search for his knowledge and cultivate a close relationship with him. Draw close to him, and we will be immersed in his truth and love. Our spirits will be nurtured and guided to do his holy purpose. Every moment we spend in prayer is another chance to know God more. Take the time to build that awe-inspiring relationship.

Be honest and open with the prayers we present to God. He is faithful to hear us no matter where we are in our lives. The lines of communication between us and God are always open. Day or night, he will always listen and care for us. Keep the communication going through prayer to God, and it will lift our spirits up to our full potential through Christ Jesus. We need to have a conquering faith in our Lord God Almighty. Our faith must be unmovable during times of trouble. We must believe wholeheartedly in our purpose in life and his plan for us. The stronger our faith is, the stronger our spirits will be as well. Be faithful in God's words to us. They are divinely inspired passages from God to his prophets in the Bible. Grow our faith in the Lord by knowing his words and his purpose for us. When we have conquering faith in the Lord, we trust in his every choice for us. We will be content in any given situation because we know his love is with us always. We may not know the events of this life, but we know the outcome by the faith we have in God. Truly take the time to make our spirits unshakable by growing in faith in the Lord. Just believe we can do it, and it will be done by God who loves us unconditionally.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds" (Hebrews 10:24). Now we can build up our spiritual strength by doing good works for our brothers and sisters of the world. This is where we step into God's light of righteousness for the good of others. It is not for our benefit that we do good works but for the glory of God and to lift up his children. Our spirits will leap for joy when we please God by helping his children. It is an amazing feeling that endures much longer than any other earthly pleasure. The opportunities to walk in God's light are everywhere around us. Look to our families first. Is there a person in our immediate family that could use a hand up in life? Our concern for the well being of our immediate family should always be in our thoughts. It can be a simple gesture of love that sparks encouragement in our loved ones. Encouragement can lead to hope, and hope can lead to righteous living, and righteous living can lead to salvation. Whether our act is big or small, as long as it is work done in God's holy name, it will have asignificant impact.

MISSION: Flex our spiritual muscles

Prayer, faith, and good works are what it takes to be spiritual fit. Continue praying honestly and earnestly every day. Continue to grow in the faith that we have in the Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Continue to do the good works for all of God's children for his glory. The result will be a glorious spiritually fit life that unites body and mind together in true oneness.

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print